Sunday 20 March 2016

Task 5A


My company, Chrysalis London, rehearse in different places around London. So I thought my work/professional community which is the most familiar with me is different dance studios where I work/rehearse with Chrysalis. It is important for a dancer to have a good place to rehearse in as it can effect your whole career if you get injured because of the space. These are the points I think is important when it comes to ethics/codes of practice in rehearsal spaces!
Codes of practice in rehearsal spaces:
-       Fire safety.
-       Professional dance floor/sprung floor.
-       Access to get fresh water.
-       Air condition/heating units available.
-       Easy access to toilets.
-       First aid kit available.
I also had a think about what the regulations was for choreographers, as that is my inquiry, and I realized it’s the choreographers job to make sure you give your dancers a good place to rehearse. Therefore the choreographer needs to think about the codes of practice in rehearsal spaces too.
Codes of practice for choreographers:
-       Ensure with your dancers if they are ok for you to touch them.
-       Make sure your dancers are warmed up and give them a cool down after rehearsal.
-       Treat your dancers fairly and with respect.
-       Make sure to give them time to drink, eat and rest.
-       If they are under 16 or 18 (?) you have to get premission from their parents?
-       Choreographers needs to make sure that they are rehearsing in a suitable place for dancers (like I mentioned before.)
This is just my own thoughts. I’m looking forward to use sources that already is out there and find out more about it all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment