Sunday 18 October 2015

Task 1A


This is all about how we want ourselves to be presented. A CV can have a big impact on whether you get a job or not, it is specially important when you are a professional performer because you get judge straight away when they see your CV.

Like many other people that is doing this degree made their first CV in school. It is usually very simple and clear, just like a good CV should be if you ask me! There is a difference between a perfromer CV and an academic CV, I have both because I need a job that does not involve any dance so I can pay for my rent and everything else that costs. In a performer cv you need to have a good headshot and it should not be more than one page, if you ask me. For those who read all CVs can not be bothered to go through page by page, they read the first page and see if they like what they see and that’s it. You need to have a good layout that shows clearly where you practice and what you've done in your career. While in academics CV you can have more detail so it does not matter if there is more than one page, it looks more impressive if it is longer, but at the same time it must be clear on what you have done and can do.
Things I always think about when I write a CV:
-       Is it really clear and not too much information?
-       Does it look professional?
-       Does it suit the role I am auditioning for?
-       Keep it short and clear.
I always change bits and bobs in my CV depending on what kind of audition I am going for. If there is for a musical theatre thing I change my headshot to a smiley but a natural face and if I go to a commercial audition I change my headshot to a more sharper and stronger look. I also change what it says I have done on my cv depending on what it is, I make sure I try to match what I think they want and are looking for in a CV. Like I said before,  a CV has got a huge impact on whether you get a job or not.
Here is my performance cv;


No comments:

Post a Comment